Think its posible to build a decent i7 computer for round $900?

Zureal

Baseband Member
I already have a good case, as well as a optical drive, even a sound card ima keep and 1 XFX HD 5870 XxX card that will all go into a new computer, i also have a Cool Master 750w Power supply that i want to keep but i do not know if it could handle a second HD5870.

I have $900 to spend, i WANT a i7 system thats pretty good, i want to be able to add a second video card (if possible)
the things i want, as a side note this will primarily be a gaming machine :)

CPU (must be 1366 variety) <--- Figure the i7 930 or 950 as there is only a $15 difference.
CPU cooler <--- was thinking Arctic Cooling for this one :/
Mobo <--- Duno at this point, but iv always had good luck with Asus
RAM (want Tri-Channel with 6GB for now) Was thinking corsair Dominator or G-skill
Hard Drive <--- have seen 1 TB WD Black HD for bout $100 so i think ill go this rout
Probibly Power Supply ( want a modular one) <---- duno wich one , would 1000w be enough?

sorry to bug everyone XD just wanted some help to see if this was possible with my measly $900 or if it would just be better to go AMD as they are much cheaper, though less performance :/

900 and you have a case and gfx card already? I am sure you could. And I am about 90 percent sure your psu would handle both of them cards. Your cpu cooler you should do the Corsair H50. Just look at the reviews once. Asus is also a solid mobo. Always a good brand to stick with.

Your PSU should handle all that. I like my Zalman CPU cooler. Used the same heatsink on 2 systems now (C2D and i7). I like EVGA and ASUS for motherboards. I have 1 of both. I like Corsair, but they are pretty expensive. I've gone Corsair with my main desktop and then saved some money with GSkill for the next 2 computers I built. Western Digital is a good choice for hard drives. You can get a little bit more with the AMD budget. I went AMD with my HTPC and I haven't had any problems with it, and I'm generally an Intel fanboy. :p

Back
Top Bottom