think i broke my comp

highfive88

Beta member
k, so i used reforce to change all my resolutions frequencies to 100. My refresh rate is 75 mhz and i use a nvidia geforce FX5600 Ultra 256 MB and a plug and play monitor. Sure enough, i go to reboot and the green light on my monitor never comes up, as far as i can tell the computers not working at all. I switch off / on my monitor and green light comes up for a second and says "off mode in 5 seconds" then the light goes back to yellow. The lights on my keyboard wont even light up, and i triple checked to make sure everythings connected right. i cant access setup page cause nothing ever comes on screen, what can i do????!!!!

that's a puzzle, but i suggest that you try to use another monitor on your pc. and same thing with your monitor try it on another cpu. Its just a matter of trial and error thing and a little bit of experiment.

Refresh rate of 100Mhz is pretty high. You sure your monitor can take it? I would have expected it to test that refresh rate before allowing you to switch the computer on and off so you can't do anything. Erm. I don't know how to sort that! Sorry.

short your cmos jumper reset everything to original settings, that should clear it up.

what you have done is push your monitor too far.

Back
Top Bottom