things aren't going good on vista...

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
things like videos and games aren't going good...they are kinda choppy. i'm using beta 100.59 of the forceware for vista (i hate it, nothing to do.) games go half what they did in xp, idk if its the drivers or what, or if its dx10 thats making these problems. if it is, can i downgrade to dx9?

It's NVIDIA's drivers. I told you they suck. The stability is comparable to alpha software and the features are literally non-existant. You're not using DirectX 10...you don't have a video card that is DirectX 10 capable. You're using DirectX 9 so don't worry. It's your drivers.

Also, don't use beta drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_97.46.html

Those are the latest "stable" drivers for Vista. Not sure if it's any better though.

i did that yesterday right before i posted this, but its still doing it.
i think its my clock settings. in xp, the core was stock, but the memory jumped to 1.06ghz, and everything was going great. now the memory went back to stock (with ntune). i'm going to try to put it at 1.06ghz and see if things were going the way they did before.

has nothing to do with games/videos (i think).

i think it may be the drivers...they suck monkey balls right now.

edit:!!!!! i have no idea, i didn't change anything, but now everything is going VERY good; games play BETTER than on xp (for some weird reason)...idk what i did.

Back
Top Bottom