They've gone!!!

sunbeam

Solid State Member
Please can someone help!. I switched on my computer this afternoon and low and behold both my CD - writer and my DVD writer have disappeared!. They have both been installed for a long time and have not caused me any problems. The system on start up does not seem to be detecting them, and they are not listing in device manager - only my floppy has stayed with me!. Was it something I said?!. I would like to have them back so if anyone could tell me what to do I would be really grateful. I'm sure my system suffers from pms!. :(

Ok, I'm no big shot computer whiz, but what you've described is somewhat what I experienced. Except that I don't own a DVD drive ROM. But MY CD-ROM/Writer did disappear once or twice before and what I did was I restarted my computer up and voila, it was back as it always was.

Thanks! I have just re-started my computer, and yes you've guessed it - they have returned!!. I am going to get hormonal treatment for this rotten machine!!!

for good measure, you might want to get a can of air and make sure you've got all the dust out of your machine - dust'll do that sometimes..

Back
Top Bottom