What I want to do is basically just build a powerful computer, yet under $1000. I wanna get most of it off of Newegg and Amazon, but I'll accept any other known site (no I'm not buying from some place in China).
1. Does all of this add up properly? Will it all fit together and run properly when put together?
2. Can you find anything at the same price (or a bit higher) that would perform better? I wasn't sure if I should go with a Phenom II quad core instead of the Athlon, they looked mostly the same except the Phenom had L3 cache...
3. Can you find the specs where I give a second link (Such as the graphics card) and help me make a choice which I should buy?
1. It will not go over $1000 except in the case where going over $1000 will make it way better. If going over $1000 will be a huge difference in performance, it will not go under $1100.
2. It must be compatible (obviously) with the other parts
3. It must retain the power of the parts listed below
4. It must be listed on Newegg or Amazon, any other site will be checked before anything is bought from them. (I wouldn't really like to use ebay for this either)
5. Rule 6 is a lie
6. Rule 5 is the truth.
My Computer Configuration
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.9 GHz 4 x 512 KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor ($91)
Motherboard: MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard ($100)
RAM: Patriot Gamer Series 4 GB (2 x 2GB) 240 Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory ($99)
Hard Drive: Western Digital RE3 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($140)
DVD Drive: SUS Black 24X SUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-
ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEMSATA DVD Burner ($24)
Graphics Card: MSI ATI Radeon HD4670 1 GB DDR3 ($80)
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V ($110)
Computer Case: Rosewill CRUISER Black ATX Mid Tower ($70)
Keyboard: Saitek PZ30AUR ($30)
Mouse: (Already Owned)
Monitor: eMachines E233HBd 23" Monitor ($160)
Speakers: Logitech S-150 ($14)
Webcam: (Already Owned)