Are these compatible?

hascet

Fully Optimized
Is this mobo and processor compatible???

Mobo= Intel BOXDP965LTCK Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Processor= Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 533MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core

I plan on overclocking it to 800mhz fsb anyway but will the motherboard and processor still work together if i don't or even if i do?

ok, because the only thing i am worried about is that the mobo says itsupports cpus with 1066mhz and 800mhz but not 533mhz which is what that processor is...

hmmm, well maybe i could be wrong. I would have assumed it would've been compatible, because of the same socket

Ya it says that it is for a pentium D which is what that processor is, but they make Pentium D's with 800mhz fsb's...and with 533mhz fsb's. The only real reason why I want that processor is because it is cheap and I could overclock it very easily on air...

EDIT: well for 20 more bucks I can get a pentium D with an 800mhz fsb and its 2.8 ghz so I think i'll go wqith that so that i'm entirely sure that it will work plus it will be faster out of the box. :cool:

If your going to be overclocking, the 805 is basically a cut down version of higher 8-series to get rid of them. Their amazing overclockers.

Back
Top Bottom