Thermaltake Aquarius III Temperature Probe

radiaoctivem

Beta member
Hi,
I just bought a new CPU block for my Thermaltake Aquarius III water cooling unit. The thing is, I don't know where to put the temperature probe on the new block. The one that came with the unit had a copper base and a metal top and you just taped the probe to the top of it. The new one has a copper base and an acrylic top. Where the hell do I put it?

http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0010waterblock/cl-w0010.htm

Thats the waterblock there. If anyone could give me any suggestions it would be much appreciated because I'm really coffufled.

Jack (Radioactive-monkey.com)

I wouldn't worry that much about it.
Just try and place it as near to the CPU as possible, which won't give you an accurate reading, but temperature probes don't give that accurate readings anyway because of the fan and such.

It should be fine on the Acrylic though. To my knowledge, its not completly heat resistant and so some heat should pass through since its probably a thin layer, to get a rather accurate temperature.

I hope this helps.

On my Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12 heat sink/fan, it has an automatic fan adjustment with a temp probe, and the instructions stated to put the temp probe underneath the cpu. maybe that would be good for you.

Back
Top Bottom