Is there a way to transfer files from an old computer WIN ME to WIN XP through USB?

Windex1

In Runtime
I think buying a CD burner is just too expensive since i already have one on my laptop. I was wondering if it were possible to use some type of USB cord to transfer files from an old computer to a new computer.

I "may" have a 15-pin female serial connector on my laptop. I checked device manager and I don't know if it really is one. I looked through device manager and didn't see it listed. o_O?

But if it is serial, does anyone know where I can get the cable to transfer files from one computer to the other?

And, does anyone know if I can get a USB cord (because those are faster) for transferring files from one computer to the other?

These wires usually have a twist in them so i've heard. I know they exist but I've never seen one.

Re: Is there a way to transfer files from an old computer WIN ME to WIN XP through USB?

I've never heard of that or seen anyone do it, but maybe it's possible.

i think it's something like a null modem...

edit:eek:mg patent time!! *has no electrical engineering degree* *is stupid*

I got one...

They are slick. Any computer store is going to have one in some version or another. I got mine from microcenter for $38.00usd. It's an EXP computer, Inc. brand. You just load the program on both systems plug in the cable and you're ready to rock.

Back
Top Bottom