Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Is there a KVM switch - which also has outlets for Aircard and speakers?

Hi all, This is my first post on here. I bought a TRENDnet KVM switch from Radio Shack, which works rather well. However, as I used it I realized I want to have my air-card hooked up to the KVM box, so I can have both computers hooked up to the internet simultaneously. Having to switch out Aircard between computers is a hassle, and I'm hoping there's a way to combine.

I know there is a KVM switch which allows you to hook your speakers up to the box - so both computers are hooked up to them at same time. However, I still have yet to find one with an outlet for an Aircard as well. My aircard is hooked up to computer via a USB, so the KVM box would need to have that USB outlet.

So in essence I'm looking for a K-V-M-S-A switch.

Is it possible for all these, and is there such a device available? I'm hoping TRENDnet has one, as it didn't require software and was simple to use.

Thanks everyone.

mcleanirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Is there a KVM switch - which also has outlets for Aircard and speakers?

IOGEAR 2-port Multi-function KVM Switch w/ Cables & box | eBay

Is that something that would work?

krone6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Beta Member

Default Re: Is there a KVM switch - which also has outlets for Aircard and speakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
As long as the Aircard is accepted by those USB ports, then it would be perfect. May pull the trigger on it. I figure it's a good deal even if the Aircard doesn't work on it - at least I'll get the speakers. If Aircard doen't work with a 200$-retail device like that, then I don't expect it would work with many others.

Thanks
mcleanirish is offline   Reply With Quote