Thanks to you guys...

Spetz

Beta member
I'm now the proud owner of a brand new PC fitting all my needs!
I do have one question though: Why do I have 2 cables that connect my monitor to my PC? I've also got 2 slots to fit them in simultaneously . One's white, one's blue, they're both outfitted with the bolt screw thingy to lock them in place. Right now I've only got one plugged in - what's the other one for?

Thanks!

One is DVI (The white one) - this is so you can plug your monitor in via a DVI cable

the other is VGA (the blue D-SUB) - this is so you can plug your monitor in via a VGA cable.

DVI is the newer one, VGA is older - it really only depends on what cables you have around.

Yeah, DVI is Digital rather than Analog (which VGA is). There isn't an AWFUL lot in it... (most laptops still have VGA ports), but DVI should give a better picture.

isn't DVI suppose to be better?

DVI is digital, which means it doesn't use an analog wave to create it's signal to the monitor (the blur vga connector). HDMI takes dvi a step farther and can transfer 2.0 sound through. It'll be the same as dvi with sound. After 1440 900 vga starts to become hard to maintain a good refresh rate on your screen and can not handle higher resolutions digital can. This is why if you can pick between the two, always go digital.

Back
Top Bottom