Terrible Frame Rate On All Games

WTG5005

Beta member
hi everyone. i have a slight problem, whatever game i play, whatever the gfx setttings, the frame rate is always disgraceful. i have 512 Ram, 256MB Geforce FX500, 120 GB Hard Drive and 3.07 ghz processor, i also have the latest drivers and directx, no spyware/viruses and pretty much full memory, hope some1 can help..
thanks in advance

What are your actual frame rates? If they are around 20-30FPS on the newer games, then those are completely correct, sorry to tell you. The FX5200 is such a waste of a card (no offense to you). It has a very ill designed pipeline, and its Ram gets to frigin hot! Its graphics core also blows chunks (time for a new card my man).

Here, get this bad ass thing:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.a...erm=10358277&Type=PE&Category=Comp&dcaid=1688

5950 Ultra is a kick ass card, especially the redesigned one. Check it out. Or, try this one:

http://www.wallapc.com/.sc/ms/dd/10...0Video%20Card%2C%20256MB%20GDDR3%2C%20256-Bit

The 6800GT is not as fast, but has a more powerful graphics core. The 5950 has its advantages (still the fastest FPS in Unreal 2004 and FarCry)

The 6800 beats it in FPS in the REALLY NEW games, aka DooM3, HalfLife2, etc.

LOL, now be nice Alvino, be nice.... LMAO, wait... Must stop laughing.,...Be ..................NICE.... HAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!! Ok, Im done.....LMAO!! HAHAHAHHAHAH!!

i should be able to beat 20 fps in games like age of empires and mohaa tho..

even if it is a bad card u cant blame the card for producing 20 fps... theres gotta be something wrong with the pc..

(by the way, i had a geforceMX440 128 mb before this card and my frame rates were equally poor)

Ummm, do you have an ATi based chipset, and does your MOBO have integrated graphics? If either is true, pls tell me. If not, the AGP bus my be damaged in some fashion. Or, you have way to many system processes running in the background, or since you have an nVidia card, you may have accidentally turned on you FPS limiter. If that is true, try looking to switch that off. That may very well be the solution. Sorry man, but without more details, I cannot help you. Give me some more data, and check on a few of the things I just mentioned.

AMD ZEN said:
LOL, now be nice Alvino, be nice.... LMAO, wait... Must stop laughing.,...Be ..................NICE.... HAHAHAHHAHAHHA!!!! Ok, Im done.....LMAO!! HAHAHAHHAHAH!!

Well he would know! He has a 5200 himself. :p:D:)

the answer is no to both of those questions, but how do i turn off this frame rate limiter thing? maybe this is the problem

Back
Top Bottom