Temps wen gaming

r_moore04

Daemon Poster
i have OCed my GC from 500/950 to 550/1000, these r the highest temps i got wen playin CSS.

CPU: 54ºC Motherboard: 45ºC/44ºC Graphics Card: 90ºC

is the graphics card temp 2 high? and wot temp is it ment 2 be wen playin a game?

wen the graphics card isnt OCed its at about 80ºC wen on a game, wen idle its from 50ºC to 55ºC

In the nvidia control panel under temp settings there is a max temperature, for my 6800U it is 115C, 90C is warmish, I presume you are using stock cooling, but unless you reach your max temp you should be OK, even if you do manage to reach your max temp the card will throttle to reduce the temp or just plain shut down.
A suggestion ..... if you wish to continue to oc your card look for a suitable third party gpu cooler (I have a zalman but there are plenty of others out there)
See my sig for my stock and oc clocks, I never exceed 80C under load, even at 475/1280

do ya mean somthin like this: http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=62

this is the nvidia thing
gctemp1.jpg

yes thats it, see your core max temp, it's 145C so you are well shy of that.
The arctic cooler is one type of gpu cooler, I don't personally have any experience with them (Zalman Fanboy #1 here :) )
You'd be best off to google some reviews on the cooler to see what they say.
EDIT: Please please ensure your card is supported by whichever cooler you choose before purchasing

Nice over clock Hmm maybe get some more fans inside youre computer or open up youre case and put one of those box window fans, and make it so that its blwoing inside of youre computer nad it will be good

Back
Top Bottom