Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-08-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default Temps

temps

ok i recently downloaded everest and according to it my temps are crazy. my cpu gets over 52c just surfing the net. i mean last night i left my pc on accident and i opened up the side panel and stuck a fan in there. when i get back about 5hours later the temps are at 62c and wont go down and the only thing running was everest. my pc gets so hot i am gonna get the 92mm zalman copper aluminum fan but a freind said something might be off about half an inch or something. i have a Asus k-8 mobo and a amd 3400. if possible can someone find the fan that might fit and y my temps are seriouly getting so high.

Feircepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to bandit8623
Default Re: Temps

what are your fan setups how many where? for last resort i cut out a fan slot on my side panel. i put a tornado there wow man my p4 idles at 32c. under load 38c.

bandit8623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feircepc
temps

ok i recently downloaded everest and according to it my temps are crazy. my cpu gets over 52c just surfing the net. i mean last night i left my pc on accident and i opened up the side panel and stuck a fan in there. when i get back about 5hours later the temps are at 62c and wont go down and the only thing running was everest. my pc gets so hot i am gonna get the 92mm zalman copper aluminum fan but a freind said something might be off about half an inch or something. i have a Asus k-8 mobo and a amd 3400. if possible can someone find the fan that might fit and y my temps are seriouly getting so high.
I wouldn't go by everest totally. I would check the everest temps against the temps in your BIOS. Always trust your BIOS temps over everything else.
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

well how do i check it in my bios? and dont i gotta restart my pc? and i know my cpu runs pretty hot i just need a new heatsink i think but i cant find one that fits mine.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

Yes, restart. When you see any logo or anything like that, press f10, delete, f1, or something like that. You'll see a blue screen come up or something like that, and then you should look for something that says "pc health status" or something analogous. yeah. the temps should be there.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

even if everest isnt accurate its always better to have some good cooling i recommend this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118115 its all copper which is best for cooling and it has a 120mm fan
Old 10-08-2005, 11:44 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

thing bout that one is its too big. way to big. and i dont really know how to put that one on its different because i need a new heatsink with it too.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:11 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen

My processor reached 80C the other day when i was surfing, i went to have a bath, got back and it was gone. Melted like sh!t, I did recover.
DJ Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:32 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feircepc
thing bout that one is its too big. way to big. and i dont really know how to put that one on its different because i need a new heatsink with it too.
ya i thought it would be to big for my comp as well so i got the slightly smaller one with a 92mm fan and i wasnt even sure if that would fit but it does easily because of how its shaped, i couldve even got the bigger 120mm one but the one i have now does a good job
Old 10-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #10
Daemon Poster

can someone help me find a specific one? there was one made by asus and thermaltake that looked like jet engines or something are thoes good? it looks like i would have to flip my pc on its side so those things dont fall off. does anyone one know a really good heatsink besides zalman that can easily mount or show me some pics of how a zalman mounts on there pc?