Temp reading errors with Intel

MooseMan1

Fully Optimized
i've been looking for some help on an issue that has been hard to pinpoint. When i first got my intel p4 (3.0GHz LGA775 socket) it said i was running temps at ^ to 164F or so, the heatsinkfan would run at high, loud speeds and the temps would vary and jump quickly. 2 me that doesn't seem very normal so i've decided that it probably isn't overheating because i have a temp on my case that i have the sensor right inside the heatsink and it doesn't go over 120F. I have been thinking that it's my intels sensor reads it wrong or something. one of my friends has the same processor and heatsink, and his runs normal temps of 135F on a load i think i was...His mobo is an asrock or something of the sorts. then my other friend also got the same processor, but the older heatsink i origionally had before requesting a new one from intel and his says it overheats and acts about the same as mine did and he also has an intel board. can anyone give me some sort of help here on if they know anything about the intel boards temp sensors going haywire or anything? :confused:

Intels have a built in function. Right before it overheats it'll stop. So will your computer, but your CPU will be fine. Only time I feel you need to worry about this is with AMDs. They don't have that built in feature. THERE IS NO WAY to burn up a Intel CPU. It will not operate at dangerous temps. But that I mean not ideal but not to the point where it won't work and you'll have to buy a new one.

yea i do know about the built in function. but the main reason i don't like it being wrong is because it makes my fans run static, not only HSF but also sysem fans i hook ^ through 3-pin will go nuts and run high when do high demanding programs like games and some other things, occasionally photoshop and macromedia suite. i've been thinking for awhile that it is the motherboard. but i don't understand why both me and my friend have the same issue with intel boards. thats one thing i'm trying 2 find as well.

Back
Top Bottom