Task Manager, you're dead

lhuser

Golden Master
I can't open Task Manager at all! Everything started when I downloaded that stupid virus from a member who posted it. Now, I can't even open it anymore. And what's more, msconfig does the same thing:

It apppears then shut down immediately. What in heavens could I do?

do you have an antivirus program? I used to have the same problem and the antivirus got rid of it and try updating your definitions if you have one and couldnt detect one. If you can't remove it (i'm sure you already know this seeming as your a guru) but you could try clearing your scan log and running a scan in safe mode.

Oh man, this happened to me once, very annoying, just get a friend with an external HD, or if you have one yourself and transfer the important stuff, and dare I say, ...reformat. :(

You could try and find with an anti-virus program, but viruses now adays are hard to find and harder to delete.

riverstyz said:
Oh man, this happened to me once, very annoying, just get a friend with an external HD, or if you have one yourself and transfer the important stuff, and dare I say, ...reformat. :(

You could try and find with an anti-virus program, but viruses now adays are hard to find and harder to delete.

Mostly, I do a Virus scan under safe mode. And yes...I totally forgot to try AVg...dumdum me :eek:

Back
Top Bottom