task manager problem

zooYork

Solid State Member
my computer is a 'microsoft windows 2000 professional'

i went to start, run and then it says open so i type in tasklist and then a box pops up and says this:

C:\\WINNT\System32\tasklist.com
C:\\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Window applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

on the taskbar i right clicked and the word "task manager" is there but it is grayed out. it also doesnt work when i press ctrl+alt+delete.

any help? thanks

This will most likely take a few steps, but lets get rid of the main pest first...

Please download Brute Force Uninstaller to your desktop.
Right click the BFU folder on your desktop, and choose Extract All
Click "Next"
In the box to choose where to extract the files to,
Click "Browse"
Click on the + sign next to "My Computer"
Click on "Local Disk (C: ) or whatever your primary drive is
Click "Make New Folder"
Type in BFU
Click "Next", and Uncheck the "Show Extracted Files" box and then click "Finish".
3. Right Click Here and choose "Save As" (in IE it's "Save Target As") in order to download Alcra PLUS Remover.
Save it in the same folder you made earlier (c:\BFU).

Do not do anything with these yet!

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping F8 until a menu appears. Highlight Safe Mode and hit enter.

Once in Safe Mode, go to Start > My Computer and navigate to the C:\BFU folder.
Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking BFU.exe
In the scriptline to execute field type or paste c:\bfu\alcanshorty.bfu
Press Execute and let it do it's job. (You ought to see a progress bar if you did this correctly.)
Wait for the complete script execution box to pop up and press OK.
Press exit to terminate the BFU program.
Reboot into normal windows

^^^^if i reboot my computer will i lose all my files that ive saved? pictures, videos, word documents, etc.?

...well I mean you will lose all the files you have not saved and stuff like that...but I mean I did not lose any files at all...you won't lose any

Back
Top Bottom