Taking a 'snapshot' of a message board

Jet_Black

Beta member
Hi guys. I'm currently in my 3rd year at University studying Psychology. In our final year, we have to undertake a large experimental project. My project is going to be looking at message boards, forums, online communities etc., the way in which certain members become more dominant members of the message board and also the likelihood that first time posters keep posting. I haven't quite narrowed my research question down yet but you can sort of get an idea.

Anyway, what I'm going to need to do is pick a message board (preferably a vBulletin one as I like this format) to analyse. The obvious problem with this is that message boards are constantly changing. I simply would not be able to analyse an ever changing message board. So, what I've come on here to ask you all is this- how could I save the entire contents of a message board up to a certain point? How could I take a snapshot, if you like, of a message board that would be accessible offline and with fixed content up to a certain date? I've found this quite hard to describe so if anybody wants to ask a question then please do.

Just to let you know, I won't be using this message board as I wanted it to be a message board with simple content and one that I had no interest in myself.

Cheers.

you could scrn shot them and the put them together up to certain point. save as a .bmp or whatever in paint then it would be available offline

dont know if thats what your looking for

You would most likely have to obtain the backup files from the administrator of the board. Even then I'm not sure you could view them, you may have to be running an actual copy of vbulletin to view them.

Back
Top Bottom