Systemax N34BS8 Laptop

blakeanthony

Beta member
I found a Laptop at my Dads Business. He works for a real estate Company. They just got all new Apple Desktops (how nice) LOL.. In the Process of them throwing away Computers they didn't want i came across a Laptop That was in the trash and it came with the charger that Plugs into the wall. (i came in Luck) There are a couple problem's with the laptop. When i first got it i did some Virus scans and a System Defrag. They didn't want this laptop anymore because they thought it was garbage. It had 41 viruses. I seemed to get them off. It is like lightning speed now. But theres another problem with the Keys. I pressed the letters W or the letter E and it goes crazy I opened Up Notepad and i pressed those Letters and it made a error Instead of Just showing up The letter E it made a error Like e;dnfvbnfgn' ?

I didnt understand this. Im starting to think it might be the System.
so do you think i should do a Complete reinstall of XP or what?
Im just trying to figure this Laptop out so i can start using it for the internet.I did a little researching and i found the Specs of the computer.

http://www.uniwill.com/products/other/n34bs8/N34BS8.htm

For my Desktop at Home Im using wireless internet. Wireless G.
and was wondering if this computer would be capable of running It?

When i first got the Laptop it came with a program that was running a Dsl line.So im sure its capable of running wireless Right?I forgot to the laptop has a side panel to connect some type of wireless card in it..

I just need some good pointers on what i can do to fix the Letter error and make it have wireless internet.

Thanks

Get a fresh install of XP on it. Then update all your drivers, that should fix the key problem. As far as the wireless problem, just buy a wireless adapter (preferably of the same brand as your router) and insert it in the card bus. Then you should be good to go.

Thank you, JogaBonito1502.I hope this Problem Gets solved.I just cant beleive my dad was going to throw this computer away LOL..Im going to go look for a Wireless Adapter On ebay:)

Back
Top Bottom