System won't boot

gartht799

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have a ABIT IC-7 motherboard, 3.0 Ghz Northwood P4 with HT, 2 sticks of Dell Ram (each 512 MB), and a Radeon 9200 AGP video card. My system was working well until I rebooted a few days ago. Now when I power up, the self test occurs and everything seems okay but I get the message "The CPU is unworkable or has been changed- See Softmenu". After I hit F1 to continue, all I get is a white flashing line in the upper left corner of the screen (black). Also when I go into the Bios and try to change anything the system won't exit on its on. I have to restart it to get teh CMOS to change. It will exit if no changes are made but not if anything is changed. I'm dead in the water and can't figure out what to do. Thanks for any help.

You might try pulling the CPU, booting, and then replacing it. This is a strange problem, never had one like it before. Good Luck.

just take to CPU out, then plug it back in, dont touch the pins, anyway just slot it back in, should then do somet, if it does'nt, you need a new CPU

Back
Top Bottom