System Stability...not very stable huh? (Fixed I think :D)

Kage

Golden Master
Ran the Everest Stress Test today, to see if my computer could run stable with all hard drives running/memory, etc.

Well...it couldn't.

I'm going Microdirect tommorow and will probably take 1 hard drive plus the RAM, as 1 hard drive has been clicking and resetting the comp, and then fails to power up 2 or 3 times...

This is what I got after only 58 seconds:

Sorry about compression, and I also messed the image about, to make it fit in a smaller image, so its not as displayed in the program:

failtest.jpg

Bad or what?!

One of the CPU's cores temps reached 51 degrees but thats not it.
Is there any way of finding out what caused the crash within Everest. Maybe a log it automatically creates?

I tried each one individually and it didnt crash...

Re: System Stability...not very stable huh?

Haha it just got a whole of a lot worse!

Did a test of JUST the memory then, and after about a minute, it went red, and failed.

THEN I did a test of the local hard drives again with nothing else, and guess what?

Red, then a blue screen, and then a reset.

Followed by one of the hard drives taking a while to power up, when the BIOS came to reading the RAID drives.

So, it looks like both are going back... the memory AND a hard drive?! How could I be that unlucky? :(

Ouch man. I once had to deal with both bad mem and bad mobo, was such a pain.

:( Its annoying.

I have to somehow figure out what hard drives causing it...

I sure hope its not the motherboard! But for two parts to be faulty?...

Does it crash or anything while playing a game?

Do specific hardware tests

yep, that's what I'd recommend too.
Get a hdd diagnostics program from the hdd manufacturers website and then download memtest 86.
Run both of those and see if they give you errors.

I downloaded the Seagate tester freestyler105, and its doing a long test now on drive 1 :) Thanks
So far, 35% complete

I ran a short test on both drives, and they passed, but I ran a spindown/spin up test on Drive 1, and it tried 3 times before powering up.

I ran memtest the other day, and the PC froze after 3 and a half hours, when I had it running for 10. I'll run it again overnight, tonight, to see if it does the same thing.

I'm actually hoping something is faulty, because something isn't right, and I don't want to go into Microdirect saying that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, or they'll simply test it, charge me, and turn me away for wasting their time :(

To answer your question Compman, yes, it crashes while playing games :(
FEAR is the only game I've played for long periods, and after a few hours, it blue screens, and resets the computer.

Its also blue screened while installing/uninstalling programs, and doing various other tasks.

Yet, it doesn't crash when your on the Internet, or listening to music. I don't get it really, and I did a lot of copying back and forth to and from CD with no issues either.

I'm hating the whole damn thing though.

........ yes, it crashes while playing games :(
FEAR is the only game I've played for long periods, and after a few hours, it blue screens, and resets the computer.

Its also blue screened while installing/uninstalling programs, and doing various other tasks........
And the bluescreen error messages are?

Back
Top Bottom