System Restore

Bower

Beta member
Well I kinda screwed up my computer. I know a little bit but I'll try and make a long story short (if you want more details just ask). I started off trying to speed up my computer, defrag, cleanup things like that. I did all that and then I downloaded an autoruns software to help free my startup but I must have taken something off that I shouldn't have. I then downloaded the free virus and firewall downloads from AOL that I get free. Everything was fine then I went to restart my computer, remind you that this is when the autoruns changes would take effect. I then restarted my computer and it worked ok, but programs wouldn't work. Nothing would load. I could get up my opera browser but then nothing after that it wouldn't work. Not just the internet connection the whole thing. Nothing really worked. I then restarted in safemode, things worked so then I went to system restore and restored all my work to the checkpoint earlier today. It ended up freezing halfway in the restore so I shut off my computer turned it back on and then things worked fine, some stuff was back to the way it was some wasn't. I figured I'd try the restore again, but when I tried to open system restore it wouldn't open, I then tried again and it opened a window with system restore at the top but the rest was blank. I also noticed that my search function doesn't work.

Does anyone know anyways I can fix this?

I'm running windows xp pro sp2. Computers a year old 1gb memory AMD 64Athlon processor.

Thanks.

I have some Ideas, but I need time to see if it will work. Give me until this time tomarrow and I should know if it'll at least be attemptable.

I have some Ideas, but I need time to see if it will work. Give me until this time tomarrow and I should know if it'll at least be attemptable.

Thanks, thats fine, my computer runs, a little slow. But it's usable for the time and I'm working on backing anything up if I might need to.

I'm worried more stuff is damaged, my search and system restore won't work.

I'm also considering backing up and doing a full reinstall of XP but my computer didn't come with a CD.

Back
Top Bottom