System not working after sudden removal of USB

Manush

Beta member
I got a call when my cell phone was connected to my Desktop for charging. In hurry, I un-plugged the USB port without SAFE REMOVAL. After this moment, my system is not working... When I turn on the CPU, it is not sending any signal to the monitor & the CPU lights are glowing continuously. Can someone please help...?

i never heard of this happening before?? Does sound like the motherboard has had it?? You can try the following to see if it helps.

-take the CPU out and then put back
-do the same with the memory
-take the battery off the motherboard and leave for 5 minutes
-unplug all hard-drives and CD-roms from the system.

All of that is not necessary.
Unplug the computer from the wall. Press and hold the power button for a couple of seconds.
Plug the computer back in to the wall outlet and start it up.

i have never heard of this either but my guess is the motherboard is shot take out the memory and try to turn it on if there are no beep codes then you motherboard is shot.

I got a call when my cell phone was connected to my Desktop for charging. In hurry, I un-plugged the USB port without SAFE REMOVAL. After this moment, my system is not working... When I turn on the CPU, it is not sending any signal to the monitor & the CPU lights are glowing continuously. Can someone please help...?

This has happen to me before.When you unpluged your usb from your computer some how it touched your steel case while it was semi pluged in and short circuit your Mobo.

Back
Top Bottom