System Instability

Gumby

Solid State Member
I put together my first computer, and well, the system isn't stable at all. Every now and again, the thing reboots. When only surfing the net and IM'ing people, it doesn't happen. But when I put in UT2k4 and begin that, it reboots. Right before it reboots it shows me a blue screen, but not a regular blue screen of death, it's different, says something about the system is restarting so it won't mess up my hardware. It's the same type of message it was giving me before I installed my SATA driver. So I'm thinking that is is a driver problem, I just can't narrow it down from there...And I well surpass the recommended requirements for UT2k4.
Please Help!
The green-clay man.

go to all ur product websites, video card, sound card, motherboard, cd drive any products that u put in and update EVERYTHING. if that doesnt fix it then well i dont know

winterfreshpwnz said:
Reformat your hdd.

Pay no mind to that answer. Please.
Formatting the drive is not the cure to the problem.

Most likely it's a driver problem as stated by GreySteelFox. This is the place to start looking for an answer. If the system still insists on being unstable then look to a hardware incompatability problem as the next step. And finally look at your power supply. Some times it's as simple as when you tax the system the PSU is just not up to the job and faulters.
Got any more questions just come on back. We'll be here...

Ok, I was in the process of getting all the drivers and updating them....and I know that reformatting wouldn't do it, probably add to my headache.
But what I think it might be is driver and UT2k4 and a driver being incompatible. That make sense? cause everything else runs fine....
Again, thanks.

OK well, the system now dumps me when doing other things, just did.
I want to install another driver for my SATA,but it won't let me, well,, how I am trying to do it. How do I do that?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom