System files?Ram?help!

ExGamer

In Runtime
Ok I just got my 3 stick of 512 in the mail....and i have a 512 stick alreadt in my system...All pc3200..... well...I stuck it in and when i start it up said sumtin about the registry file log copyed or sumtin... well it doesnt I think the diffrent brand is messing up the other 3 stick i mean it works...now just a little funny...of and theres some thing someone had me run before its No chkdsk ...all i know it i went start run and type in somthing and it started checkin my system files...to make sure all was okay...anyone know what that is....i feel so stupid but yeah....ty

If it is conflicting with the other 2 sticks then you need to take it out. Or take the other 2 out.All you will be doing is having a bad time.
Some mobos are funny about how ram is installed. They like the largest amount stuck in slot 0 (or 1) and then the lesser amounts installed in the other slots.
But normally that isn't affected by DDR memory. But since it doesn't match to what you have p0sted in your signature, I have to assume it is something else.
This is also a perfect example of why you should always match the ram that is already installed.

You are referring to start-run-SFC /SCANNOW. That won't help with a memory problem. It checks all the system files for corruption or missing files.

Yeah, i'd remove that 512mb one in your system thats a different brand.
You'll still have 1.5Gb of RAM in your system for use.

Atleast try fitting these in without the other to test if it works. If it does, you can just buy another 512mb of the same brand later on :)

well its not realy working with all the 3 of the same kind....maybe my systems not gettign enuff power?and thats y i get a blue screen cause it work ok on web browsing but when i got to play a game or sumthign my systems gets all hyper and shuts down to the hated blue screen

And the error mesages are like MEMORY MANAGEMENT IRQ NOT EQUAL OR LESS stuff like that and when i restart it said registry was recoverd or sumtin ... and windows has recoverd froma seriuos error

Back
Top Bottom