System crashes

Ace9286

Baseband Member
I just installed ATI's Driver for Win XP Ver. 4.4, and ever since whenever I run games my system crashes, locks up, or an unexpected shutdown. I only got the new driver because the game prompted me to so I did. I know the graphic's card is causing the problem because it said in the "error reporting" that the graphic's driver was causing system instability. And ATI's website was SOOO helpful. (It is hard to relate sarcasim in words).

Ace9286 said:
I just installed ATI's Driver for Win XP Ver. 4.4, and ever since whenever I run games my system crashes, locks up, or an unexpected shutdown. I only got the new driver because the game prompted me to so I did. I know the graphic's card is causing the problem because it said in the "error reporting" that the graphic's driver was causing system instability. And ATI's website was SOOO helpful. (It is hard to relate sarcasim in words).

Try rolling back to an earlier driver, worked for me in the past. Or try re-installing the drivers. See if this works
:)

How do I roll back to my old driver? All I could find was the newest ones on ATI website.

Ace9286 said:
How do I roll back to my old driver? All I could find was the newest ones on ATI website.

Completely remove everything about ATI.Get back to just a vga 16 color mode.Use your ATI cd disk.Make sure it has XP install though.
What ATI card is this ? It should be fairly new.
:D

Back
Top Bottom