System Crash!

sniperviper21

Golden Master
ok, so heres the deal.

last night i was playing Borderlands for about 2 hours, everything was working as usuall. then out of no were, my PC shut off/restarted, black screen came up, and my GPU fan was at 100%, CTL ALT DLT did nothing, so i restarted, and i tried to boot into normal windows then it said my OC wasnt stable at boot when i was at stock clocks, so i checked to make sure my plugs were in all the way, and i guess my 24pin was a bit lose, so i pushed it in as far as possible, and booted agian, this time to "OC issue",though now it freezes every time when i get to the "welcome" screen. it just sits there with the circular curser moving, thats it.

though it boots to safe mode, everything works as it should in safe mode with networking.

i tried a system restore, still froze when booting to normal mode.

Everything looks fine in BIOS and when i get to the POST screen.

I even tried booting using my HD3200 onboard graphics chip. nothing.

I know its not a heat issue.

Thought about doing a full system reformat with my windows 7 RC disc, though...i cant find the disc right now or a RC key. Anyone got an RC key i could use? PM me it if you do... (it is legal to share RC keys i think because it is free in the first place...)

IDEAS are greatly appreciated, help ideas get rep for sure.

EDIT: system specs
Phenom X4 940 3.0Ghz
OCZ Gold 1066 DDR2
HD 4850
V8 cooler
M4a78 Pro
550W Rosewill PSU
antec 1200

You could always try running a window repair off your original install disc. My guess would be it has something to do with your OS. You could always try running something along the lines of Ultimate Boot CD, or Universal Boot CD and running some basic system diagnostics.

Have you checked your reg in safe mode? Could be a driver issue. or IRQ assignment but that's unlikely to change unless you did it from BIOS.

Also reset your BIOS if you haven't already.

Run HDTune under safe mode and check for bad blocks. You use a WDC500B right? do a bench and check for latencies in the 15-20 region. Also check your reads for abnormalities.

Back
Top Bottom