System bleeping computer

madman37

Beta member
I have just built my second computer. When I switch the computer one, after a few seconds I get a beep. The bleep consists of a long beep, followed by a pause and this continues. I have taken the processor out and put it back in. I still get the same beeping sequence

I have a Chaintech Zenth CT-9CJS. I have installed the cbox3, which has a digit display which tell me the status of the computer. I get the code FF.

In addition, could somebody give me a url to where I can find more information on system bleeps?

"Generally the CODE will be "00" or "FF" for fried boards or dead BIOS." I don't have the boot on one of those cards, but I just did a quick search and that's what I found O.O

I suggest taking everything off that motherboard but ram, processor, and video and try from there. One ram chip at a time to double check if you have more than one... Make sure you didn't short the motherboard on the case. Check that all the standoff's where installed correctly and the board is screwed down securly...

it may be and most likely is the ram. i am having the same problem with my computer i just built. check out the ram make sure its in right blah blah blah, just fool around with it see if you can fix it..

DUDE! What is your problem! This post is nearly a year old and the poster hasn't even made any posts since. WHy'd you reply to it!? Just let it die out!

Back
Top Bottom