swx file problem

elevator_opratr

Beta member
I'm new to the forum looking for some technical help. I just begun a new job, and the computer I am temporarily using has Star Office on it. I tried to send an attachment (swx) and the person receiving it says they cannot open it. Even I tried opening it on another computer and it won't let me. Is there any way without buying the Star Office program to open an swx document on a computer without it?

Lol! I've never even heard of Star Office! I can't imagine it being widely accepted, probably best to put normal Office on the Temp Pooter.

elevator_opratr said:
I'm new to the forum looking for some technical help. I just begun a new job, and the computer I am temporarily using has Star Office on it. I tried to send an attachment (swx) and the person receiving it says they cannot open it. Even I tried opening it on another computer and it won't let me. Is there any way without buying the Star Office program to open an swx document on a computer without it?

Easy just send ascii documents.eg Myfile.txt.Its the universall language.The receiver can do what they want with it.
Bottom Line,
You can't sent formated text if the other end doesn't use Star also.

Star office comes free with linux. Your friend should be able to download it for free.

The only other option is to see if you can change the file type save as in star office and save it as another type.

Lord Kalthorn said:
However; .doc is so well known that it will work everywhere too. Use .txt if you want to but most people would prefer Word! :rolleyes:

You right,but it's how you save it,it can't be renamed document.doc from document.txt.

Back
Top Bottom