switching cases

convergecult

In Runtime
im going to be switching cases soon(i think to a full tower) is there any procautions i need to know about?...should i just leave my heat sink and everything on my mb while moving it?..my case right now is as loud as an airplane..so im going to buy another cheap case that i have not already messed up and soundproof it with some airplane sound dampining shit i have from my family working on airplanes and quieter fans.....sorry about typos

Yea, just leave the HSF on. Just be careful removing and installing the mobo. You could leave the memory in too, but I like to remove it so it's sure to be seated fully when everything is back in the new case. :D

Just pull out all the cables and leave everything that is attached. This would be a good time to clean the board free of dust. Dont forget to put the motherboard risers in or you will blow your motherboard when you turn it on. Have fun and remember to plug everything back the same way. No left over parts..lol

And remember to ground yourself by wearing a wrist strap, or touching the nearest piece of metal to discharge yourself. Make sure the case is compatible with your motherboard size (ATX, MicroATX) and you should be fine as long as it isn't a Dell or Gateway or some other pre built pc. If it is, you will have problems putting the stuff in an aftermarket case, since a lot of that stuff is specially made for those manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom