Sweet Deal !!!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Aight so here is the update on the situation for those who are interested.

My Gigabyte X1900XTX had overhead about 1 month ago, I believe it was do to a improper installation of the ”Zalman VF900-CU VGA Cooler” so I went to the compute store where I gat my comp and asked the for replacement, and long story short, they told me they stopped carrying the X1900, and that they would have to send it back to the Gigabyte for repairs. They gave me a replacement for the time the X700.

So I just gat a call from the computer store where I purchase my compute (after 1 month of waiting) and they told me the gigabyte had discontinued the X1900XTX and that gigabyte will not be able to do anything in terms of repairing the card. So the computer store manager told me he will give me a X1950XTX instead. WOOTS!!!

He also told me that he haven't received the Zalman VF900-CU VGA Cooler back, apparently they send it to the manufacturer as well. So I asked him if I should wait for the Zalman cooler b4 installing the card, and he told me that the X1950XTX haz a better cooler then the X1900 and that zalman might not do much to improve the cooling, how true is that?
He told me once the Zalman cooler arrives I can take it back, but I just want to get ur opinion if its worth to put it on my new X1950XTX ?

16 people vied this and no one shared there thoughts on this :( I guess im just 2 exited to finally get a good card, coz i mean having X700 for a month and now the X1950XTX is a nice step :D

Sorry for dubble post by the way, i just had to bump it up :D

This lack of posting can be acredited to a couple of reasons:
A) People assumed that you actually had a good deal that they could get their hands on (Which is what I had originally thought clicking on this thread)
B) People are jealous of your fortune (Which I can't honestly say no to)
C)Or they didn't bother reading your long post

Anyways, congrats on your X1950XTX, I could really use an upgrade from this 6800GS.

Cool.
Are you going to overclock it?? If not, then there's really no use in getting an aftermarket cooler.

Cool.
Are you going to overclock it?? If not, then there's really no use in getting an aftermarket cooler.

Prob not...

This lack of posting can be acredited to a couple of reasons:
A) People assumed that you actually had a good deal that they could get their hands on (Which is what I had originally thought clicking on this thread)
B) People are jealous of your fortune (Which I can't honestly say no to)
C)Or they didn't bother reading your long post

Anyways, congrats on your X1950XTX, I could really use an upgrade from this 6800GS.

Thanks for the congrats it feels good :D

Thanks for the replyes

Yeah, if you're not going to overclock it the stock fan will work just fine. If you are thinking of it though, you may want to pick up the aftermarket cooler.

The stock cooler is one of the best coolers out there....but the Thermalright HR-03 is the best in case you were wondering. The stock cooler is good with fast fan speeds....if you can stand the noise :D

Back
Top Bottom