Surveillance software

Alin10123

Solid State Member
Hi Guys,
What are the chances that somebody could possibly come by and install surveillance software on my PC without me knowing? I know some programs out there exist that could possibly log every click and keystroke. Such as internet history, aim convos, and etc...
Is there a lot of available software that does that? I think it's not only an invasion of privacy, but i'm kind of wary about whenever i enter in a clients SS # or CC # and things like that.

Is there any software that i could run on my computer to scan for this kind of software? I wouldn't put it past some of the people that walk by my machine everyday to pull something like this.

I'm not referring to 3rd party spyware software either that you get from browsing websites and viruses and stuff like that. That i know how to download the programs to scan and get rid of those. I mean as far as somebody intentionally targeting your machine.

Thanks in advance!
I tried doing a search on this topic but didn't come up with much.

Hmm, I would try a good spyware program. (Not the free ones, they bring up totally different results.) Also, get some sort of e-mail spyware scan; such a program could also be sent to your computer by e-mail.

Hmm, I would try a good spyware program. (Not the free ones, they bring up totally different results.) Also, get some sort of e-mail spyware scan; such a program could also be sent to your computer by e-mail.

Would stuff like that be considered spyware?
I'm not talking about your regular amateur software writer writing stuff like that. A good example might be sometimes in offices the employers like to install software to monitor what the employees are doing on their computers and they think their supervisors aren't looking.

Would the good spyware programs detect that? I dont know of any spyware that actually logs aim convos and stuff like that though.

Yeah mate, if somebody has it in for you enough to get a key logger onto your computer you are screwed.

I don't think any hacker would go through all that trouble unless they had something to gain, so unless you are keeping valuable info, you shouldn't worry bout key logging.

Yeah mate, if somebody has it in for you enough to get a key logger onto your computer you are screwed.

I don't think any hacker would go through all that trouble unless they had something to gain, so unless you are keeping valuable info, you shouldn't worry bout key logging.

I'm not really afraid of a hacker per say. I'm referring to somebody physically walking up to my computer, installing a consumer grade "computer monitoring software" and then walking away. I guess similar to sometimes you hear about employers monitoring their employees computer activity without their employees knowing. As for hardware, that's something i could physically check for. I'm referring to something strictly software based. Also, nothing custom or anything like that. I'm only referring to consumer grade software that one could buy.

Yes, there is stuff that's often on my machine and stuff that i'm often typing into the machine to retrieve files. Its not a laptop where i could take it off the desk and put it away every time i step away from the computer for a few minutes.

Well if it's people you work with or your employers theres nothing to worry about. If it isn't just password it when you leave

a couple of things to point out

its a work computer so techs probably have the ability to monitor everything you are doind n e way so DONT do n e thing personal thats confidential

if your not doing n e thing personal take it to your tech department and tell them u think u got a key logger they will probably just re image it

what makes you think some1 has a keylogger on your pc

if theres a key logger on your pc and its work info getting stolen its your tech department problem if info gets stolen employess should not have priveledges to install programs (coz of keyloggers).

a couple of things to point out

its a work computer so techs probably have the ability to monitor everything you are doind n e way so DONT do n e thing personal thats confidential

if your not doing n e thing personal take it to your tech department and tell them u think u got a key logger they will probably just re image it

what makes you think some1 has a keylogger on your pc

if theres a key logger on your pc and its work info getting stolen its your tech department problem if info gets stolen employess should not have priveledges to install programs (coz of keyloggers).

Well, the company isn't that large to actually have a tech department. I didn't mean doing personal stuff on the company computer. More like customers personal info.

With that said though, what i meant was are there any programs out there that detect monitoring software such as:

http://www.spectorsoft.com/

Having the ability to run a scan every once in a while to detect such programs would be great.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom