Surround sound

Sorry, dont shout.

We didn't mean to buy them from there, but those are the best speakers you could get for the price :) I'm sure you can find somewhere else to buy Creative's models

thanks guys for the help and i will search around to see if i can purchse in australia

ps i didnt mean to shout just was alittle excited

hehe its okay. You should be able to purchase those models in austrailia :p

As for the surround. Which one would you be interested in? 5.1 or 6.1? Both excellent choices anyway

i dont know

wat would be your opinion

and wat would be the price difference between the two

Well it depends on your sound card.
Have you got any information on your motherboard if its onboard sound? Or soundcard in the number of sound channels it has?

5.1:

If its a 5.1 setup, you should have at the back, a stereo connection for left and right, a centre connection, a rear connection, and possibly a subwoofer connection. (Stereo is green)

6.1:

For 6.1, you'd have another centre speaker at the rear to help for positioning of back sounds.

If you have a sound card that can produce 6.1 results, it might be best going for the full type :) Though you probably wouldn't notice much difference in sound, though the extra rear channel might help for awareness of where the sound is coming from.

3D SURROUND PLUGINS/PROGRAMS:

Something I've got to say to. You can get many plugins for Winamp that allow for 3D sound so that music fills all these speakers in a realistic way, even if its just for echo purposes.
Usually only 2 speakers will be used without special sound types or formats for music.

PowerDVD if you buy the full setup also has somethnig called 'Dolby Pro-Logic-2'. This allows for all speakers to be used for msuic in a realistic fashion.
The voices would be at the centre, the instruments in stereo, and at the back you'd get extra sounds and echo that come out from a song, which is selective on how the sound sounds. This gives excellent impact :D

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRO-LOGIC 1-2:

Differerence between Prologic 1-2 by the way if you've heard of it is that 2's back speakers are in stereo :) Though I think Dolby Pro logic 2 only supports 5.1 speakers, you should be able to find software to support 6.1 :D

With DVD's though, you'd definitley pick Dolby Digital as the output function to give the desired effect.

PRICES:

As of price goes...finally :p:

(they shouldn't be all that diff) the price for 5.1 is about $110-140 rounded from other retailers

6.1 is around $140-170 rounded from other retailers

Hope this helps

EDITED: added titles to make it easier

Thanx for the info Kage im sure oneday ill finish reading it all

my soundcard supports up to 7.1

Hehe, sorry for all that :p Its useful though you know.

As for 7.1, this would add a mono middle/centre speaker to the room hehe for positioning of sounds.

8.1 if your sound card supported it for example has an extra stereo set for the middle rather than a mono set.

It depends how far you want the cinema experience. If you can afford 7.1, go ahead :p As you can get 7.1 in the Inspire series of Creative speakers too :D

You have to make sure you have spaces for all the speakers though...otherwise it could look a bit out of hand

Edited the other post to make it easier by the way :) I know I chat...

jac006 said:

Such low wattages for so many speakers.. heh.. I'm just used to 62 watts a satellite. :) And a 188 watt subwoofer... bless my Logitech Z-5500 THX 5.1 set.. I love my set.. it has a built in decoder.. digital audio...

I would strongly recommend none of those however (I hate Creative speakers.. they are horribly underpowered)... I'd rather instead recommend the Logitech X-530... and for good reason.... I'll tell you why... that Logitech set were old. The newer ones are the ones that blow Creative out of the water. In fact Creative can't hold any ground what-so-ever since many Logitech sets have THX certification. In fact Creative typically is around 80 DB SNR, not 99 DB SNR.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121118 - That's a possibility... and it is much cheaper then that first Creative set that was linked.. it produces 96 DB SNR, while that creative set only produces.. what? 80dB?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121121 - This is another option... if you are willing to spend a little more.. it does 85 DB SNR, which is acceptable.. but still better then the two Creative sets named. It however does have a huge wattage and that rare THX certification. All for $125.

I'm a huge audiophile and many people know that here.. I decided to spend my money on a bad ass speaker system rather then upgrading my video card (which is fine for now).

I'd say get a good 5.1 solution, and not a crappy 6.1 or 7.1 solution. In fact, I'll say this to you right now... my Logitech Z-5500 is 5.1. And this one blows every single 6.1 and 7.1 set out there on the market. In fact it takes the lead. Quality, not quantity.

Woh...that much a satellight? I'm an audiophile too...I just didn't know you could get systems with that much power. I only have a 4.1 speaker capability though, but i'm running with 2.1... I guess with that much power on the sub woofer, the frequency response seems to dwindle on importance...
Though i do stand firm that creative are an excellent company for sound. Especailly when its rather cheap for a decent speaker set. I agree they couldn't do any harm in upgrading a bit though if my satellights only have about 4 watts each, and my sub, about 12watts... Does go quite loud though still...

Kage said:
Woh...that much a satellight? I'm an audiophile too...I just didn't know you could get systems with that much power. I only have a 4.1 speaker capability though, but i'm running with 2.1... I guess with that much power on the sub woofer, the frequency response seems to dwindle on importance...

This is the extreme upper-end of the market... the Logitech Z-5500 is extremely high quality and has the THX certification. The center satellite is 69 watts.. and always continues to amaze me.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9486

Though i do stand firm that creative are an excellent company for sound. Especailly when its rather cheap for a decent speaker set. I agree they couldn't do any harm in upgrading a bit though if my satellights only have about 4 watts each, and my sub, about 12watts... Does go quite loud though still...

Still I think the Logitech X-530 beats out the Creative Inspire sets... by pretty much... it packs more power, wattage and has a better DB SNR rating.

Back
Top Bottom