Suggestions Please!

Sal!ent

Baseband Member
I've actually decdied on a system... please let me know what you think.. any adjustments, incompatibilies, comments?

Here!

Case - Eagletech Sidewinder Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply

Power Supply - 600 Watt -- Power Supply SLI Ready

Processor - Quad Core Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600(4x 2.4GHz/8MB L2 Cache/1066FSB

Processor Cooling - Silent Extreme-Performance INTEL CPU Cooling Fan System Kit Silent & Overclocking Proof = Maximum cooling efficiency for quietness and performance

Motherboard - Asus P5KPL-VM Intel G31 Chipset w/6-channels, Gb LAN, S-ATA 3Gb/s, USB 2.0, Single PCI-E MB

Memory - 4096MB [1024MB X4] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand

Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

Hard Drive - 320 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache

CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive - 20X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Beige

Sound Card -3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Speaker System - 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System

Network Card - Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

USB 2.0 Accessories - Build-in USB 2.0 Ports

Flash Media Reader/Writer - 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Black

Operation System - MS Windows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2

LOL! Right idea, wrong section though. It should have been in the "General Computer Hardware And Software" forum.

Looks like a screaming build! :D

looks great...only suggestion...build 2 and send me one:)

actually, only one thought...why not go with vista home premium?? might as well go with the latest and greatest operating system and get all the eye candy....that set-up will run it great.

Its here...

http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/lobby.htm

Also, with regards to the operating system... i've know from the past with previous OS's in the preliminary stages as it tends to intergrate itself that minute problems occur and have had people mention that Vista is a hog.. and tends to drag on the system.. and that XP runs with it smoothly.

vista has been out long enough now that the kinks have been worked out...i never had any problems really with it except for the first couple of months had to wait for dell to release a compatable printer driver but that was dell's fault.....and there is not going to be any drag with the quad core and 4GB of ram...

Moved the place to the appropriate spot.

If you need help OCing that q6600 just shoot me a PM.

thanks, it might be a little while... saving up for it.
ps. is it very difficult oc'ing... ?

For a system like that, might as well go with Sound Blaster X-Fi. You'll get much better sound (because of the hardware and software that comes with it). You should definately do that, and blow the competition away. :)

Back
Top Bottom