Suggestions For New Laptop

BK_123

Golden Master
So I am looking to get a new laptop soon as my current one cannot perform as I would like to. I don't want to get a desktop as I use my laptop more than my desktops and need portability. I'd prefer to get either ASUS or HP. I don't want to spend anymore than $1000. It will be used for gaming such as Minecraft and probably Sims, Possibly running VMware.

I've been looking at this one Buy ASUS F550CC-X0068H 15.6" Windows 8 Notebook. | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping. This one http://www.dicksmith.com.au/laptops...k-s550cm-cj119h-15-6-w8-ultrabook-dsau-xc7861 and this one Buy HP Pavilion 15-e013TX 15.6" Windows 8 Notebook | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping.

Last edited:
Lenovo is my favorite brand for computers with work propose in mind. (i have a Lenovo laptop myself i use for work)
That's why they usually they don't come with any GPU that is capable of gaming. (example, mine uses the inbuilt GPU in the i3)

Of those 3 laptops i would go for the HP Pavilion if gaming was a concern.
For casual use and office work only i would go with the ASUS VivoBook. It's light and pretty. ^^

ya my buddy has one and its real nice! 2 way sli, lenovo is a great computer. isnt it a chinese manufacture?

ya its pretty rediculous, he picked it up for around $1100. they had to replace the disk drive so they could fit the other card in there. its a really nice laptop!!

If i may just add, i wouldn't suggest getting a HP laptop as they tend to use AMD cpu and tend to run a little hotter than normal, especially if your going to be using it for gaming.

If i may just add, i wouldn't suggest getting a HP laptop as they tend to use AMD cpu and tend to run a little hotter than normal, especially if your going to be using it for gaming.

Yes I don't won't to go the AMD route this time. I would like at least an i5 and dedicated graphics and not Intel HD Graphics. One of the ASUS laptops I've linked has Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia GT 720M 2GB, How would it would know what GPU to use or I do I change that in the bios?

Yes I don't won't to go the AMD route this time. I would like at least an i5 and dedicated graphics and not Intel HD Graphics. One of the ASUS laptops I've linked has Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia GT 720M 2GB, How would it would know what GPU to use or I do I change that in the bios?

Usually any PC will boot on dedicated graphics before onboard graphics, but I'd double check in the bios like you said

Back
Top Bottom