sudden abrupt restart of computer

abhii

Solid State Member
hello every one :confused: i have a problem that my computer suddenly restarts when i am using it i donno wat it is please help me :confused:

hmm.. what version of DOS are you using? My xt was doing this the other day, so I rolled back my version and it seemed to be OK.

Hit Start, Run, type msconfig and hit ok. Click the startup tab and disable all the applications you recognize and do not need.

Do a restart and see if you're still having the same problem. If it's still rebooting, disable everything except explorer.exe.

This might help.

The only time i have seen random restarts is if the os is corrupt or the power supply is going bad. If the previous suggestions do not work, you may have to do a backup and then do a clean install of the os. I had the same thing happening to me a few months back and it was a corrupt os. Did a fresh install and back to normal now.

Random restarts can relate to the RAM too.

I suggest you download this:

RAM PROBE:
http://www.ramprobe.com/?p=download

and if you have a burnable CD drive, and a spare CD-R, using something like Nero, write the ISO to a disc (Making sure it writes as an ISO, not as a data disc), and restart the computer with the disc in, making sure in BIOS (Del at boot up usually), its set to run from your DVD/CD drive first, and then whatever else, so it boots automatically.

Then let it run scans on your RAM. If it sees errors, shut down, pull out all but one RAM stick, and power on the computer again. If that receives no errors, put another in (if you have more than one), and take the other out, and so on, until you find the one causing it.

If you don't get any errors however, then at least you know its not that.

Back
Top Bottom