This sucks

shozzking

Daemon Poster
I was planning to order all the parts for my new computer within a month only to find out that newegg had discontinued all of the ATI 5850 and 5870 cards. does anyone know where i can find these cards(they have to be shipped to canada) for a reasonable price? or would i be better off buying a cheap $50 card and wait until newegg gets them again or until nvidia releases their new GPU's?

I was planning to order all the parts for my new computer within a month only to find out that newegg had discontinued all of the ATI 5850 and 5870 cards. does anyone know where i can find these cards(they have to be shipped to canada) for a reasonable price? or would i be better off buying a cheap $50 card and wait until newegg gets them again or until nvidia releases their new GPU's?

They... discontinued them? Are you sure? That seems like a bad move, considering they sold out so fast.

http://wheretobuy.amd.com/gpus.html#Model=ATI Radeon HD 5870

shows a few retailers that carry the HD 5870, they're pretty much sold out everywhere still though.

http://wheretobuy.amd.com/gpus.html#System%20Type=Desktop|||Model=ATI%20Radeon%20HD%205850

shows retailers that carry the HD 5850, though the last listing on that 1 is actually a HD 5770 idk why its on there

It sucks trying to get a hold of one though. I've had people request them in custom computer builds and I have to deny them because I can't even get a hold of them myself anymore without paying a lot more than they're worth

How about two HD 5770s? They perform about as good as the HD 5870 if you look at reviews and are readily available.

How about two HD 5770s? They perform about as good as the HD 5870 if you look at reviews and are readily available.

Do they really? That might make my decision easier if I can just pick up another 5770 a few weeks/months down the road and it perform almost/equal/better than a single 5870.

Why would they dc them? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

Just checked Neweggs, they have the cards sold out, but dc? Doesn't really say...

you'll notice that newegg.ca only has the 57xx cards and none of the 58xx cards. they used to have sapphire, diamond and ASUS cards.

Back
Top Bottom