Sub Par Performance

maroondude14

In Runtime
Ok, I just got BF2, and its really slow.

I have a amd athelon XP 3500+ clocked at 2.2ghz, a geforce 6800 128 mb clocked at 325, 700 (im about to bump this up once i get better fans).

Sounds good so far right?
Well, my ram is 512 mb pc2700.

Now the graphics are on the lowest setting possible and it is still geting barely above 20fps.

HELP!

ur comps f'd, my comps on amd, and a 6600, 512, and its fast as hell, clear some crap off the process list, dont run extras

I now its F'ed. How do i clean the darn thing? Im gunna take a screenshot of the startup list and show you guys that so you can tell me what to untick. Also, it despratelu needs a cleanup spyware adware wise. Would a totla reformat do the trick?
What do i need to save?

well bf2 requires around a gig of ram so u only half way there. thats y sk8 handles it because he has twice as much ram. and plus ur is a xp processor a straight regular athlon would b better.

OK guys heres my startup list
Startup.jpg

Reformatting is good, but MAKE SURE TO UPDATE WINDOWS SECURITY FIRST. That's extremely important, or your computer will be infected very quickly.

Save whatever you feel you need to save, either to an external hard drive, a CD, or a DVD.

they never made 3500+ XP? ...... huh???? ... ya get another stick of 512 it would help a whole lot.

Like the others have mentioned, up the ram--more of it and faster(PC3200)

Back
Top Bottom