Stuttering WMP playback when using internet?

j.venning

In Runtime
Hi everyone, got a really really strange problem! Whenever I go to browse a webpage (when its loading), my audio stutters! When the page has finished loading it is fine but when it is loading it is awful!

Any ideas?

Do u mean stuttering when streaming audio from the net or stuttering when u use the internet and listening to say a song on ur HDD.

Cud be cos wmp is trying to connect to the net so it slows ur pc down. Try and disable the automatic codec search and any other means of WMP accessing the net.

Could Be A Hdd Problem , Cos As Pages Are Loading Temp Files Are Being Written To Your Hdd But Wmp Is Also Using The Hdd To Play Files ,another Thing Try Winamp That May Solve Ya Problem
Also Depends On The Audio Quality Ewaht Quality Are The Audio Files
And How Much Ram Have You Got

Um...from my signature I think you may find I have a very fast pc lol! It is local audio (128KB/s to 380KB/s)?

j.venning said:
Um...from my signature I think you may find I have a very fast pc lol! It is local audio (128KB/s to 380KB/s)?
ok i was just thinking maybe you have a dif rig , a lot of people have various rigs but only put their best in the sig ,

anyway from yor sig i can see you have 2 hard drives , whichc hard drive are you running the audio off , try changing the music to a diff hard drive , and another q did you try winamp

have you done virus+spyware scans lately? those could slow your performance, and then the audio acceleration could be lagging.

Back
Top Bottom