Stupid program won't go away.

Ok, this is somewhat of a follow up on the Increasing Dial Up Speeds thread, in which a link was provided to install a program called DAP, can't remember what it stands for.

But the stupid program won't go away. I did Add/Remove programs, deleted shortcut, and yet it STILL won't go away. How do I make this stupid program go away!!!!

Stupid Download Accelerator Plus or something ?
That got me a few thousand adware and spyware programs so i would first off scan your computer
And then ... just boot in safe mode and uhh delete the program files ... i'm not sure i've never tried this but its worth a go

Well I mean I don't knwo where to find the stupid program. I did a search on the drives and it didn't find jack. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Maybe the reason it wont go away is because it replicates itself like a virus. You should do a virus scan and if you still can't find it then try looking in your directory folders (c:program files ect.)

Well see I don't have any anti virus stuff. So any scans you guys suggest are a No Go right now. PLease help this is most annoying...

if you don't got any antivirus, its little wonder that you have got spyware ect. get some anti virus on your p.c then try going from there.
go to majorgeeks.com and download avg, adaware, spybot search and destroy.
woz

Yeah I would download it, but this DAP thing won't let me download it. This is most annoying. Again I am using FireFox. I'll switch to IE to see if it could possibly make a difference...

is your browser being hijacked?
how do you get onto this forum?
you must have access to the internet.
once you have downloaded anti virus, switch off your system restore, boot into safe mode and run your scans. some viruses hide in the system restore, without turning it off it simply returns once you have finished removing it.
http://majorgeeks.com/AVG_Free_Edition_d886.html
hit the link and download.
woz

1337DuD3 said:
Yeah I would download it, but this DAP thing won't let me download it. This is most annoying. Again I am using FireFox. I'll switch to IE to see if it could possibly make a difference...
dap is spyware is. it hard to get ridd of, use internet explore it better thna firfox.

Back
Top Bottom