stupid motherboard and case question

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
my new system will comprise the following case and mbod:

asus a8n sli premium mbod.

thermaltake shark full atx tower.

i was wondering if the ports on the back are a standardised arrangement, will they line up perfectly with the shark or will i have to cut up my nice new case?

As long as the mobo is designed for ATX cases it will fit. U could also just call to where u are buying them and ask if they are compatible.

The motherboard should be Standard ATX and so should the case. For the ports, the motherboard should come with a plate with the nessesary holes that the motherboard has. To take out the one that came with the case, get a small hammer or mallet and gently pound the edges out. Make sure you pound them from the outside, so the plate should fall into the case. After that, just put on the one that was supplied to you (along with the motherboard) and gently pound in the edges from the inside the case, out. It should match the ports when you place it inside.

Don't worry, it wasn't a stupid question. The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. Becides, this is a place for you to discuss these type of things. Anyways, good luck, hope your computer build goes well and enjoy your stay!

Back
Top Bottom