Stupid hotmail...

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Anyone else having problems with hotmail? I never use it, but some people mistaken my MSN Messenger name for an email address and send it there. Now I have a message waiting there and I can't log into hotmail. I was just there yesterday! Something about I'm using the wrong type of passport. Well exuse me but YOU(MSN/Hotmail) were the ones who changed it on me :mad:

I'd just wait about a day and try again...does this happen alot?

If your using Microsoft Internet Explorer, make sure Cookies are enabled for example and for some reason have been stopped. Though you'd expect it to say that..same with Firefox :p

Keep trying till you get in, adn if it just stands there by the way, and the inbox doesn't appear, just press Go again, and it'll push it to work (I had that before I updated to Firefox)

Hope this helps

click the new message link on MSN Messenger and it will take you right there ... you will have to then enter your password.

technoman said:
click the new message link on MSN Messenger and it will take you right there ... you will have to then enter your password.

Thats what I did -.-

And no, first time, and I'm using firefox. Now I NEVER use hotmail unless someone acciedentally mails something to that account as they did...

Ah, that'll be right then.
If you read the small print when you signed onto Hotmail, you would see the warning saying that if you don't access your e-mail within 30 days, your account is disabled and then later dismissed for use for other people.

I guess you haven't accessed it in a long time?
This will be why in that case

It could be the fact it's been disabled since it won't recognise the account.
I would definitly not ever swap back to IE, but its worth a try to test my theory out :p

In that case, you'd have to contact them explaining.

Does Hotmail by any chance have a divert function? I use Hotmail, though I haven't noticed anything like that.

No no, I was just there yesterday! That's what's so messed up. SOmeone mailed me yesterday and I just went ahead and replied there. TOday it won't work. I used firefox and all. No changes!

Yeah, this will just be a tempory problem, dont worry.

I've not really had this problem, but I've had busy, and "your account isn't available today' errors. See if it works tomorrow. If not, contact hotmail with the description.

okay, i had the exact same problem, so just use outlook or outlook express. Go to Tools, Accounts and add your hotmail account, it works :p

Back
Top Bottom