Studio 1535 Battery Not Charging

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
Alrighty, so this is officially the 5th time my dad's laptop has been on this forum for a hardware related problem, gotta love dells, right? Well, a year ago, the battery went bad, no big deal, bought a new one, kept using it.

A few weeks ago, while I was deleting some of his *extremely unnecisary* files (as a joke of course), I noticed that the battery was at "30% plugged in, charging". I didn't think much of it, until a week later the entire system died. Massive dust clog in the fan kept if from spinning. With some mis-used tools and some patience, I got it running. By that time my dad had moved to another computer, so we mainly just used it for dvd burning and stuff (for my softmodded Xbox).

After all the testing I did on it, it still runs hot, lol, the battery will not charge past 30%, and continues to say its charging. This annoys me because my dad tells me to take it in the other room because of the noise it produces while hes on his conference calls, and the battery hardly lasts long enough to burn a single cd.

Also about the cooling, would some AC5 and a T6400/T6600 Penryll(45nm) cpu cool it down? It still idles in the 50's hitting peak of 83C(graphics card) and mid 70's(other components).

Any way to fix the battery and cooling?

When you use the laptop, do you normally have it plugged into the charger? I have been told countless times not to keep your laptop plugged into the charger when the batter is full because it will kill the battery. The battery could also be going bad again.

Lol, credit my dad for never taking it off the charger. It needs new touchpad buttons and a new HS fan before it obviously needs a battery.

Back
Top Bottom