Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Streaming Console to PC

Hi, first post on the site.

I have an Xbox 360 and was wondering if there was any way to stream the console video onto my computer.

My computer has a 160gb hdd, Core 2 Duo E7200 and ATi Radeon HD 4870.

I noticed the 4870 has a S-Video (out I think) port but the wire they supply with the card is female. So I thought i could connect the xbox 360 composite cables into that wire. If it dosen't work like that please tell me.

I don't wan't to play my xbox on a TV, i want to play it on my computer monitor through windows while the computer is on.

If possible, please help. Thanks.

Shadowps9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Streaming Console to PC

I don't think it's possible to stream the other way while you're in the OS.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #3
Beta Member

It is, a friend of mine used to have an old Toshiba comp that streamed his PSOne through a pci card.
Shadowps9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

You could get an adapter to hook your 360 into your graphics card/monitor. You might be able to do a picture in picture type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowps9 View Post
It is, a friend of mine used to have an old Toshiba comp that streamed his PSOne through a pci card.
That's Playstation 1, though. The 360 is a bit different.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
Old 01-22-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

you can "stream" if you want. its VERY possible... as long as you have a TV tuner card with Component/video input, and windows home premium so you can view the tv tuner input with windows media center..but you can have programs such as sagetv do that for you without windows premium or ultimate. Shadow, your video card with the component out is nto a tv tuner and will not allow INPUT signals... aka being transmitted through your computer.. those plugins are for output views only.. such as a tv with a s-video input slot. TV tuner cards are something that plugs into the PCI slot...simulates a TV on your computer simply.

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:52 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to kjman87

not sure how feasible this is or cost effective...but I know you can convert an HDMI signal to ethernet. Now if you get another ethernet card(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833106121)

and you could find the software to process this signal you could essentially stream from your x-box in full HD to your computer, theoretically that is.

and not only from your X-box but from anything with an HDMI out...

just an idea, though not sure how feasible and how available the software/drivers are for this type of application, though I do also know that there are Firewire drivers that can handle HD video(but do not handle guide/menu overlays), but they are very hard to find...(for the firewire outputs on the back of your cableboxes)

Ill let you know if I find more info on it.
Car~07 Mazda 3s 5spd 2.3L: Simota CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Cat Delete, Lower Engine Mount, 1.5" Drop...and more...haha
kjman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
you can "stream" if you want. its VERY possible... as long as you have a TV tuner card with Component/video input, and windows home premium so you can view the tv tuner input with windows media center..but you can have programs such as sagetv do that for you without windows premium or ultimate. Shadow, your video card with the component out is nto a tv tuner and will not allow INPUT signals... aka being transmitted through your computer.. those plugins are for output views only.. such as a tv with a s-video input slot. TV tuner cards are something that plugs into the PCI slot...simulates a TV on your computer simply.
What I meant was, share the 360 and PC connection onto the same t.v. or monitor. Then just do a picture in picture thing. Or you can do windowed mode.