Strange PC Problem Firewall/Anti Virus

Twist86

Baseband Member
Hello everyone I am trying to fix a friends PC and I am running into a very strange problem.

I have a strange problem here I never ran into.

I did a system restore to save his current OS and give me a clean slate incase he screwed something up.

Specs on his PC

Sygate Firewall
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (default options enabled)
Windows XP Home SP2
Windows Firewall Turned Off

LAN card is
Realtek RTL9139
Driver Version

I am booting up with a Comcast Cable Modem and a Dlink Router which I am currently using to post this thread (my PC not his how ever)

Problem I am having is for some reason when I install either one of the 2 programs I lose internet ability with the PC it says "low connectivity" under network the odd part is I have these same 2 programs installed on ALL my PCs to date and they NEVER had problems with the internet after installing them.
Now mind you I did HAVE internet before installing these 2 programs and I didn't get it back after uninstalling them either.

If anyone has any ideas or or need any more info please feel free to post.

Small update I got internet back on the PC.

Removed Sygate and it came back after a reboot but a odd thing happened KAV took a long time to boot up....about 2 mins after when I was looking up this post to make my reply. Not sure why it took so long to boot up but still working on it :)

After some toying with its config file it seems it was blocking all my ports but no options where enabled for it in the actual program.

Strange problem but its solved thanks for the assist cobra.

Back
Top Bottom