strange keyboard and mouse issue please help

parliament718

Beta member
hi I have an mx revolution mouse and a logitech keyboard and just recently experiencing very strange behavior. I will use my computer and everything is working fine... then all of a sudden out of nowhere they both stop working. Since I can't do anything I hard restart my computer and walaaa everything works again... then sometimes a few minutes later it will stop working again! I cant keep restarting my computer every time this happens.

Sometimes I will restart it and it will work for the remainder of my using it, but sometimes Ill have to restart it a few times for that to happen.

I dont know what this behavior could even mean because the keyboard and mouse clearly work (Im typing on it now) but they just suddenly freeze up when i start the computer SOMETIMES..

theyre wireless so i tried resetting the receiver but it still happens

any ideas?

If you get a phone call it could affect the connection that could be it.

Are you sure you have enough power in them??

Give us some info of what type of keyboard and mouse they are.

mx 3200 is the keyboard and mx revolution is the mouse. i replaced the battery on the keyboard and the mouse is fully charged. It happened again just as I was going to post this and I had to restart twice before I had enough time to navigate to this page =[

I had them both for over a year and never had any kind of interruptions from my phone, besides, my phone didn't ring the last 2 times it happened just now.

any other ideas?
thanks in advance

id say its a driver issue go to the manufactere website and download the latest drivers and see if that helps.

By drivers do you mean the Logitech SetPoint software?

Cordless Desktop® MX

Because that's the only download I see there so I guess it includes that latest drivers?

I downloaded it but the problem persists =[

This could have been a coincidence but I noticed that if I constantly move the mouse (in a small circle) as the computer starts, it doesn't freeze up.. It's almost as if the mouse and keyboard "go to sleep" if I let them a moment of rest.
Again this could simply be a coincidence and had nothing to do with my constantly moving the mouse during startup.

Also, once I get past the first 5 or so minutes of startup, it doesnt freeze up anymore and I dont really have to worry about it. But its just during those first 5 minutes that I often have to hard restart my computer several times...

Do you guys have anymore ideas?

Could a system restore perhaps do the job? Although I would prefer to exhaust all other possibilities before doing that.

Back
Top Bottom