Strange graphic issues

Pineapple

Solid State Member
Lately i have been getting a few graphic issues.

The first one is, on most web pages i get greenand purple pixels will sometimes appear around the text, When this happens, it is usually around every letter with a white background.
The second is, when playing any 3D game, after i little while, small squares will apear around the edges of most objects in game, they will continue to flash and appear around objects untill i change my screen resolution.

I am fairly good with computers and good at diagnosing problems. But this one has been bugging me for a while.

I could post some screenshots when this happens to me next.

My system is:

E6600 2.4ghz
2gb 800mhz
8800GTS
P31-DS3L
duel monitors
22 inch and 17 inch

Thanks in advance :)

Also i forgot to mention, after the squares come up or soemthing goes wrong with the graphics in-game, closing any application on my computer will make it completely freeze for about 10 seconds.

It sounds like either your 8800GTS is overheating, or it may be going out. Check the temperature of the card when it starts acting up. A good little proggy to use is HWMonitor. You could also try 4fingerninja's suggestion and update the drivers if you haven't already.

Thanks for your replies, i have got up to date drivers. I think it may be overheating. Here is a screenshot of the "squares" and the temperatures that it started happening at. They are more visible when you are actually playing the game, but there are a few visible around the gun and a few of the buildings up the top.

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sqauresfg2.jpg

I still want to play with drivers for a minute here. Did you try rolling back drivers/uninstalling & reinstalling the latest?

I have installed older drivers, 169.21 and i havnt had the problem for a few days. Why would it just be me having problems with the new drivers, i havnt heard of anyone else having the same problems as me, is there any disadvantage of having the older drivers?

Not really. Sometimes older drivers are better. The newer drivers are usually for stability purposes, which sometimes result in lowering performance. But sometimes drivers are released to run a specific game better.

There might be something else wrong somewhere.

Quick question, How do you Install/Uninstall the drivers when updating or rolling back?

It sounds like either your 8800GTS is overheating, or it may be going out. Check the temperature of the card when it starts acting up. A good little proggy to use is HWMonitor. You could also try 4fingerninja's suggestion and update the drivers if you haven't already.

Drivers I don't think would cause those kinds of artifacts. Sounds more heat related. Clean the card throughly. Canned air and a horsehair paint brush. Matter of fact clean the whole inside of the computer while you're in there. Check the case fans and the fan on the vid card. Turning free and clean is what you should have after a good cleaning.
If after that it still appears to do it find the native resloution and set for that. With an image on the screen like a wall paper, press the auto button, if it's a flat screen or select degauss from the menu if it's a crt.

i have had similar problems when i updated my graphics drivers, i have a 9800GT. when ever playing call of duty 4 it wont run it will start then pop up saying iw3mp or something has stopped working. It happend 3 times!!! 3 times!!!!!!! its obscene.

Back
Top Bottom