Stop error (blue screen)

hs101

Solid State Member
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this but i don't know where else to post. My computer suffered a stop error for the third time this week i wrote down the codes
Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bfae12bd, parameter3 b5985c48, parameter4 b5985944.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

You will probably need to give a little more information. When does this error happen? Do you play computer games? Have you downloaded anything in the last week that you didn't have before? Are you online when it happens? Which operating system have you got? Have you got a virus-checker, etc?

Cheers

Keymaker

I get this error on when running xp. I think this only happens while I play games (i.e. crysis) though my computer might have restarted when I leave it alone. I'll try to switch the memory sticks, if it does anything, but I'm worried on what the problem is.

I sent the codes to Microsoft and all they can say is that they can acknowledge the existence of this error but don't have a solution for it.

Not sure if this will do the trick as I don't know anything about games, but it seems to me that the problem is games-related, which is less of a problem than if it were Windows-related.

I would check here: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

just to ensure that the game and its drivers are compatible with Win XP. If they are - as is likely - the drivers may have become corrupted.

I would probably try uninstalling them in Safe Mode and then if, in Normal Mode, things are back as they should be, you know it is those drivers.

In that case, I would avoid reinstalling those same drivers: visit the games' manufacturer's Web site and see if you can download some fresh drivers.

Keymaker

Could it have anything to do with my memory? I overclocked my cpu a little and my memory clocks went from 800 to 840 (isn't much right?) but if i overclock it anymore, like to 900 mhz, the computer won't boot. Is it likely that my memory is my problem?

I wouldn't go out and buy more RAM if that's what you mean. My suggestion would be to resolve what is happening with your computer as it is. By all means buy more memory, but that will not necessarily resolve say, a driver conflict issue.

I would uninstall the games and see if you computer works well without them. My own view, for what it's worth, is to isolate the issue and try to tackle the problem. Then, once it's resolved you can add more RAM to enhance the performance of the games.

Keymaker

Oh, I was thinking of buying more ram to replace my old ones. Is there a chance that my ram is causing the problem or is it undoubtedly a driver issue?

If you remove the games and the system returns to normal, there is a very good chance it is memory related and you might have to get more RAM. But what if you get the same errors after you have forked out?

I was planning to replace my old ram anyways because my ram has high timings and would not overclock at all.

I only got this error when playing crysis (after a while) so would that indicate that it is most likely ram related (even if it isn't i would still get the ram).

Remove the overclock.
If it wasn't doing it before the overclock, doing that will probably fix it

Back
Top Bottom