Still Not Working

NeciFiX

In Runtime
I've had my computer for a month now, and the stupid motherboard is STILL tweaking out.

I have an ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard and I keep getting the error "USB Device Over Current Status Detected!!" and it shuts down in 15 seconds. No matter what I do, I am completely unable to fix this. I have tried remounting the motherboard, removing 1 RAM stick, remounting the video card, making sure it isn't touching the case in any way shape or form, clearing the RTC RAM, pulling the battery out for 15 minutes and putting it back in. Nothing has worked. Nothing is working. All of the jumpers are on the correct places.

I can't really RMA the board, since there is nowhere to package and ship it in the area, so, is there any suggestions as to what to do? I am so confused and now I hate ASUS. I wish I chose Gigabyte, it was a tough choice but I trusted Asus. Wrong move. My computer would have been running weeks ago had I not made this stupid decision...

Can anyone give me any help? ASUS technical support is non-existant. I have been trying to contact them for weeks now, to no avail. I just get re-directing, answering machines, stalled live support, no response e-mails.

Thanks,

NeciFiX

Ok.

Check the USB Device Wake Up jumper settings. Check out page 2-22 in the manual carefully. I think these jumpers are incorrect.

Theres a set of jumpers next to the IE1394_2 connector, at the bottom of the motherboard, and another set between the rear LAN/USB connector. Theyre marked USBPW1-4, USBPW7-10 and USBPW1112.

Back
Top Bottom