Stereo/Audio Cable Laptop to projector

Clarence

In Runtime
;) Hi everyone, and a happy Halloween to all......The company I work with has this giant conference room for seminars etc with a wireless projector system connected to a laptop. The problem is that it was used mainly for power point slide presentation, however, when we try to show video clips all we see is the picture but with no audio available. :confused:

Since it is a wireless signal from the laptop i was hoping it would project the audio also. The diagram below shows the behind of the projector audio jacks...... The question is what type of cable do i need? from the laptop to the connectors behind the projector.....?

Attachments

• ad1.jpg
    ad1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 6
You need a cable like this: 3ft Coiled 3.5mm Male To 3.5mm Male Stereo Audio Cable - White - Monoprice.com (get appropriate length for your application, 3ft may be too short)

Plug into headphone jack on laptop and the green jack on the back of the projector.

How are you projecting the video wirelessly? It's possible that you just need to change the default audio output device in order to have audio as well as video. Right-click on the speaker icon in the System Tray and select Playback Devices and see if there are other devices listed aside from the internal speakers.

All this is assuming that when you play a video you currently have sound via the laptop's speakers. If you have no sound at all, that's a different issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom