Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-01-2008, 03:48 AM   #1
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Steambust and Counter strike source

Ok i have steam buster and counter strike source,but when i click the Counter Strike source button in steambuster,its comes up with the launching application box,then the box dissapears,and then it does nothing,just stays at my desktop,but using 70% CPU...

P.s This is on my laptop.
__________________

__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 04:27 AM   #2
In Runtime
 
jon the noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 275
Default Re: Steambust and Counter strike source

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodude112320 View Post
Ok i have steam buster and counter strike source,but when i click the Counter Strike source button in steambuster,its comes up with the launching application box,then the box dissapears,and then it does nothing,just stays at my desktop,but using 70% CPU...

P.s This is on my laptop.
mine won't load either.. tell me if you figure out what's wrong
__________________

__________________
I ask alot of questions. A +Rep is in order for all those who can put up with them.
jon the noob is offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 04:55 AM   #3
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Steambust and Counter strike source

You know better than to talk about piracy here. Just go buy the game for the whole, oh, I dunno, $20 it's worth?

If you have problems then, I'll be willing to help.
MikeReiner is offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
In Runtime
 
jon the noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 275
Default Re: Steambust and Counter strike source

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner View Post
You know better than to talk about piracy here. Just go buy the game for the whole, oh, I dunno, $20 it's worth?

If you have problems then, I'll be willing to help.
no i have the REAL game and mine won't load im fucking pissed off as i just got it

i changed the resolution and it logged me off, like it failed to change it. it won't start now and theres no options to change in game stuff. i registered for the forums and it hasnt accepted me yet
__________________
I ask alot of questions. A +Rep is in order for all those who can put up with them.
jon the noob is offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 06:01 AM   #5
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Steambust and Counter strike source

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon the noob View Post
no i have the REAL game and mine won't load im fucking pissed off as i just got it
Well thats different. He didn't buy it.

Could you describe in depth what your problem is?
Along with your system specs too.
MikeReiner is offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 AM   #6
In Runtime
 
jon the noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 275
Default Re: Steambust and Counter strike source

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner View Post
Well thats different. He didn't buy it.

Could you describe in depth what your problem is?
Along with your system specs too.
I can definitely run it, but I'm afraid i might have put the specs too high. Still, that doesn't constitute it not loading at all.

I changed the res to widescreen and put some stuff on high. When it was re-adjusting it closed, and now when I try to start it, it looks like it's trying to, but it just fails. I re downloaded it too, to no luck.
__________________
I ask alot of questions. A +Rep is in order for all those who can put up with them.
jon the noob is offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 06:20 AM   #7
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: Steambust and Counter strike source

Quote:
Well thats different. He didn't buy it.
Oh and im sure you have pirated games before......
__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 06:31 AM   #8
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Steambust and Counter strike source

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodude112320 View Post
Oh and im sure you have pirated games before......
I don't blatantly admit then go asking for help because I can't figure it out myself.

If you have the tenacity pirate it, you should figure out how it works on your own.
Let the people who actually have legitimate problems get the attention of those willing to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon the noob View Post
I can definitely run it, but I'm afraid i might have put the specs too high. Still, that doesn't constitute it not loading at all.

I changed the res to widescreen and put some stuff on high. When it was re-adjusting it closed, and now when I try to start it, it looks like it's trying to, but it just fails. I re downloaded it too, to no luck.
OK, this is a registry issue you got here.

Right click counter-strike source on steam, go to properties, go to set launch options, then put in

-dxlevel 90
This will reset your registry settings for CSS.

click ok>close, then start CSS. It should work. After it reaches the menu, exit, go back into the options, and remove -dxlevel 90.
MikeReiner is offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 06:56 AM   #9
In Runtime
 
jon the noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 275
Default Re: Steambust and Counter strike source

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner View Post
I don't blatantly admit then go asking for help because I can't figure it out myself.

If you have the tenacity pirate it, you should figure out how it works on your own.
Let the people who actually have legitimate problems get the attention of those willing to help.



OK, this is a registry issue you got here.

Right click counter-strike source on steam, go to properties, go to set launch options, then put in

-dxlevel 90
This will reset your registry settings for CSS.

click ok>close, then start CSS. It should work. After it reaches the menu, exit, go back into the options, and remove -dxlevel 90.
awesome man, thanks a billion!
__________________

__________________
I ask alot of questions. A +Rep is in order for all those who can put up with them.
jon the noob is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0